How does your current solution handle Advanced Persistent Threats?
With Advanced Persistent Threats ("APTs") becoming more commonplace within the networking threatscape, many of the older technology solutions, based on packet inspection and simple signature mapping, are finding it harder to keep up. Lower detection rates of these APTs become the norm with end-users no longer adequately protected.
WedgeOS - Proven Next Generation Technologies Winning the Battle Against APTs
The WedgeOS Deep Content Inspection engine goes far beyond simple signature mapping. Its embedded sandbox uses heuristics and anomaly behaviour analysis abilities to detect malicious intent in the MIME objects within the traffic streams.
Wedge partners with best-of-breed security vendors to bring innovative threat detection abilities to the market. Partners such as Cloudmark, Kaspersky Labs, and McAfee are all leaders in their fields for providing APT defences.
Wedge Labs provides more in-depth analysis tools and expertise for conducting threat research and then feeds the results directly back into the Wedge appliances in the field. Wedge is continuously introducing innovative and effective ways of identifying and blocking new threats:
- Wedge utilizes methods of detecting spam / phishing messages with additional intelligence gleaned from the Layer 7 handshaking sequences; an ability unique to Wedge since the WedgeOS platform can build-up the whole communication context within its embedded sandbox.
- Wedge has advanced threat references across protocols. WedgeOS integrates user participation in fighting threats with its User Directed Learning - a feedback system that provides users with potential threat warnings as they navigate through the web.
- WedgeOS integrates identities into the threat detection matrix, enabling the pinpointing of bots and malicious users. WedgeOS also offers the most comprehensive mobile content reputation detection ability including a continously updated mobile malicious content fingerprints database with the added research ability of Wedge Labs for conducting in-depth behaviour analysis of mobile-specific content.
The Wedge Content Security Solution
On a holistic view, the Wedge Content Security Solution is comprised of:
1. Built on the WedgeOS platform and delivers Accuracy in detection, Performance in security enforcement, ease of Integration into large networks, and Open architecture to provision new security functions.
2. Wedge appliance sits in the traffic flow, conducting real-time Deep Content Inspection-based security services, with an embedded sandbox, to both the in-bound and out-bound traffic.
3. Feeds from a cloud-based infrastructure - Wedge Threat Intelligence Network - that:
- Receives critical threat intelligence from each appliance in the field
- Provides up-to-the-minute threat intelligence back to all of the appliances in the field
4. Threat research provided by Wedge Labs that feeds threat intelligence into the Wedge Threat Intelligence Network.
5. Integrated with strategic third party partners who supply their best-of-breed threat intelligence.
The Wedge Security Solution is continuously learning, improving, and providing security services to all of its end-users.
As part of Wedge's focus on Best-of-Breed security solutions, we are continuously looking for new partners that can provide unique and industry-leading behavioural simulation and sandbox technologies that can run on the WedgeOS platform. Please visit our WedgeOS Technology Partner page to learn how your technology can benefit from a partnership with Wedge.