Inline Stealth Proxy is a technology implemented in the WedgeOS for providing security services as inline proxies. With different stealth levels to suit different network integration topologies, Inline Stealth creates a “plug and play” experience in any network.
In many organizations, network and IT infrastructures are layered and structured over many years creating complicated networks. For it to be a reliable and cost effective solution, a security system has to be readily deployed into any network without requiring costly network reconfigurations. WedgeOS supports this goal with its Inline Stealth Proxy technology:
- For network traffic that will not to be inspected, they are simply bridged through the DCI device. Hence network topology is preserved.
- For network traffic that will be inspected, the DCI device can be easily configured for IP or MAC/VLAN transparency.
Inline Stealth Proxy Benefits
Inline Stealth Proxies provides the following advantages:
- Flexible network deployment options
- Supports unlimited number of VLANs
- No impact to existing network configurations
- No impact to existing networking logging or monitoring tools
- DCI device can be deployed without any IP addresses
- Eliminates the need to add static routes for deployments